We are looking for an early career or student soloist to perform a concerto at our concert on
Sunday 26th March, 2023 at Victoria Halls in Helensburgh.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 4th November.
Please read the following carefully before applying:
● We welcome applications from players of any orchestral instrument apart from piano
or percussion. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate these instruments in
● The concerto should be suitable for performance by Helensburgh Orchestral Society,
which is an amateur orchestra. It should be for standard orchestration, with readily
available orchestral parts that are not in copyright.
● You must be available for an audition on Saturday 3rd December in Glasgow, as well
as for rehearsals in the week leading up to the concert in Helensburgh.
● You should be based in Scotland and over 18.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
● A link to a sample recording of around 15 minutes of your chosen concerto (piano
accompaniment is acceptable);
● A statement proposing your chosen work and the rationale behind it;
● An endorsement from your teacher (or other suitable person) with a knowledge of
your ability and suitability to perform the chosen work; and
● Your contact details including telephone number, email address, and the address
where you are based.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an audition, where they will be required to perform
a movement or section selected by the audition panel, of around 20 minutes. A piano
accompanist will be provided.
The successful candidate will be paid a fee for their performance.