The Helensburgh Orchestral Society is having a play day in Helensburgh with our conductor Derrick Morgan and we’d love you to join us. The suggested minimum level is at least Grade V plus and we are looking for viola and violin players, a trombone, a tuba and percussion!
What are we playing?
- Wagner’s Overture for Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg and
- Elgar’s Wand of Youth Suite One
If I want to check out the music?
- We’ll send a link, separately, once you’ve signed up
How much will it cost?
- £20 per person, £15 for students
What does the cost cover?
- a full day of playing
- tea, coffee and tray bakes
- a buffet lunch to share together
What’s the plan for the day then?
We have drawn up a rough schedule for the day. This may be subject to change, though the start and finish times will remain the same:
- 10.00 Start for setting up / warming up
- 10.30 Rehearse
- 11.35 Rehearse
- 12.30 Lunch together (provided)
- 14.00 Rehearse
- 15.30 Refreshments break
- 16.00 Informal play through – friends and family welcome to sit in
- 17.00 The end
What do I need to do now?
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you’d like to come and let us know your instrument and whether you have any dietary requirements.